Monday 2 April 2012

Catrice Eyeshadow Base vs Urban Decay Primer Potion


Let me start this blog by saying yes I know, I have been M.I.A lately but you know moving house, working and life in general just got in the way. Then I was also feeling so uninspired. So I bring a review to you today to help me ease back into blogging because it's always at the back of my mind and well I flipping have missed it!

I picked up Catrice eyeshadow a while ago in my local pharmacy it retails at €4.49 for a 2.1ml tube, I couldn't resist picking it up and trying it out as I can't live without my Urban Decay Primer Potion which costs roughly around €17

Catrice ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Urban Decay

So the perfect time to test out these two products is when I was going to work so I did my usual work makeup which is very natural and basic, on my right eye which is now the eye on the left side (tad bit confusing...) I applied Catrice eyeshadow base and on the left eye which is now on your right I applied UDPP then my eyeshadow on top.

Both the primers feel smooth, Catrice's has more of a powdery feel to it while Urban Decay PP is more creamy. You'll notice on the eye with the Catrice eyeshadow base the eyeshadow colour doesn't seem as strong like Urban Decays Primer Potion makes it so Urban Decay wins the round for eyeshadow adhering well. So it's off to work I go to really put the two to the test!!

Catrice------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Urban Decay

So here are the results of my experiment:

Urban Decay Primer Potion:

  • Colour stayed on well, you could still see the crease colour when I came home
Catrice Eyeshadow Base:
  • Colour had faded although it was not overly dramatic difference although not as strong and pigmented looking as it was that morning
My conclusion is Urban Decay wins hands down, I't grabs more colour and the eyeshadow stays strong looking throughout the day, But it's not to say I will never use Catrice's eyeshadow base again maybe just for work looks so I can save my UDPP for more special events. I'd also like to point out that I have quite oily eyelids and eyeshadow doesn't last more than two hours if I don't wear a base, so I would like to see what people with dry or normal skin think of it I certainly wouldn't not try it out for under a fiver you won't be at much of a loss.

Until next time,
Ruby Skullrose xx


No comments:

Post a Comment